Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Done List

Summer Pierre, author of The Artist In The Office, which I'm currently reading, suggests not only making a to do list of goals you want to accomplish but also a list of the things you have accomplished. So here is mine:

1. Moved to New Mexico
2. Moved back to Tulsa
3. Got married to my soul mate
4. Had a baby boy
5. Graduated from collage (suma cum laude!)
6. Moved to Texas
7. Sold my house
8. got a job I love two days after graduating
9. got to be Teacher of the Year
10. Created my own classroom website
11. Had a baby girl
12. Taught myself how to embroider
13. Painted some things I liked
14. Made my first softie
15. Made a difference in some kids' lives
16. Took my family camping
17. Went to NYC
18. Supported my husband through college (well, one more semester to go!)
19. Went to Puerto Villarta
20. Changed schools and started teaching 5th grade

There, that makes me feel good. Like I'm not squandering my time as much as it feels like I do sometimes. Hopefully this year I'll be able to add a few more things to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment